1. Nature of Contract - We, Keswick Holidays Ltd arrange bookings of holiday accommodation on behalf of the owners of such properties. Once we have issued a booking confirmation then a contract is in place between you and the owner of the holiday accommodation. Receipt of a deposit does not imply acceptance of a booking.
2. Occupiers of properties agree that they will take good care of the properties leave them clean and tidy, report any breakages and agree to be responsible for the cost of a) any breakages or losses of property and b) for any costs incurred (over and above that which is normally incurred) so as to return the property to good condition. This is the main condition of the contract.
3. Occupiers agree not to exceed the maximum number of occupants for a property.
4. The agent or property owner is entitled to ask you to leave a property without refund of monies if a) there is over occupancy, b) damage has been or is likely to be caused or c) if the occupier's behaviour is deemed to be unacceptable.
5. Cancellation by Property Owner - If in the unlikely event that your accommodation becomes unavailable for whatever reason, then we, Keswick Holidays Ltd., will seek to inform you as soon as possible after we are made aware of this and endeavour to offer you alternative accommodation - if at all possible of an equal standard to that originally booked. However no guarantee in this regard can be given by Keswick Holidays Ltd. You should appreciate that Keswick Holidays Ltd. cannot accept any responsibility to repay to you any deposit or other advance payment made by you in circumstances where, for whatever reason, the accommodation has become unavailable. For the avoidance of any doubt, as the contract is made between yourselves and the property owner, it is the property owner's responsibility to return to you any deposit or advance payment which you have made and not the responsibility of Keswick Holidays Ltd.
6. Booking Cancellation - We strongly recommend that you arrange Holiday Cancellation Insurance. If you cancel your holiday, you are still liable for the whole cost of the holiday. If you have only paid the deposit, the balance will still be payable. You are required to notify us as soon as possible of the cancellation. On receipt of the notification, we will endeavour to re-let the property. If we are able to re-let then the monies received from this, after deductions of cost and commissions, will be applied to any balances due or if full payment has been made, by refund to you. We again strongly recommend that you arrange Holiday Cancellation Insurance to protect you from financial costs.
7. Liability - As explained in clause 1, should there be any liability resulting from your stay in the property, the liability is between you and the property owner and not with Keswick Holidays Ltd.
8. Booking Deposits are required as described on the How to Book page. The due date for balances of payments is also advised on that page.
9. Key Deposits - Some accommodation owners require you to pay a Key Deposit. If this is required then the amount of the deposit will be notified to you prior to placing your booking. This is refunded as soon as reasonably possible after your holiday provided that you or your party have not caused any damage or loss and the property has been left clean and tidy.
10. Arrival & Departure Times vary for each property and will be advised to you at the time of confirmation.
11. Pets are allowed in certain properties subject to prior agreement with the agent. It is conditional that pets are: a) not left unattended in the property, b) do not sit or sleep on furniture and c) that no sign or evidence of the pet is left in the property or grounds on departure. Any breach of these rules will give the agent the same powers as in Condition 4 above.
12. Linen, Towels, Gas, Electricity & Telephone - Each property varies and details of charges etc. are contained in the property description and will be confirmed to you at the time of booking.
13. Garages and Parking are as described. Facilities described are for standard cars and do not include facilities for larger vehicles, boats, caravans and trailers.
14. Complaints & Loss of Amenities - If there should be any cause for complaint or accidental damage this must be reported to the property owner (or agent if owner is not resident) immediately, otherwise the matter cannot be fully investigated. It is too late to report such matters after the holiday. If furniture, facilities or equipment fail or become faulty during the holiday, no guarantees are given and no refunds will be made should any such problem occur and not be immediately rectifiable or rectified. We will however endeavour to rectify any such problems as quickly as is possible and reasonable.
15. VAT - Prices are inclusive of VAT where applicable.
16. The Property Owner or their Agents shall be allowed access to the properties to undertake repairs or inspections.
17. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that any description or representations are accurate and are made in good faith, neither they nor any representations made by employees or any other on our behalf shall create any liability on our part, and no special conditions, exception, modification agreement or liability can be accepted on our behalf excepting only by the Principal in writing.
18. Property descriptions, pictures and prices are correct at the time of publication. Neither Keswick Holidays Ltd or the property owner accepts any liability for changes to these items, eg: refurbishment work subsequently undertaken, replacement furniture or price changes.